Back at the land of temples

I was unsure what stopped me from going back to Chennai. It took almost 18 months for me to go back to the place where I did my bachelor’s degree. Chennai brings back a lot of good memories. Memories of F606 memories of B1305 memories of night stay at the beaches. By the time I got down from the bus my watch was ticking 11. The street lights were shining everywhere, the roads were less crowded with machines and above all Chennai looked much much cleaner than the older days. It was midnight once I reached at Sarath’s place. Marley and Maggy, they don’t recall my smell or shape, kept barking at me the moment they saw my shadow. Eventually Sarath came out through the door; he just looks the same except the good beard on his face. We kept talking about anything and everything until we slipped into sleep.



My watch said its 9o clock and it’s already too hot to sleep. Outside the room the sun was already high into the sky. The air around is clear and dry. Afasr once defined about my sleep “he don’t get up from his sleep unless he has a plan for his next day” which was pretty true coz I sleep like a pig.

I was very happy once I met his parents and his beloved nephew Darshan, they all still remember me. After lunch we got out from the house, Mahabs was our destination. Just like everyone’s advice I stopped bothering about my back pain; I got to stay positive at everything. Drive through ECR was always a splendid experience. At the beach side of the road people had already constructed their mansions for their holidays. A slow wind from the sea was blowing and the sky had the darker shade of blue everywhere. Nobody will ever get tired of cruising at this long stretch of road. We stopped a couple of times to capture the beauty of it.



By the time we reached Mahabs sun was already settling down, I didn’t waste much of my time. I know if the sun goes down I’ll not be able capture the best of Shore temple in Mahabs. Parked the car near the beach, took my camera and I made a quick walk towards the temple through the beach. Shore temple was built in the 7th century and it depicts the taste of Pallava dynasty. The view from the beach at the temple was magnificent; sky was lilac in colour and the temple stood there as a ravishing beauty of stone works in the frame.


I always enjoyed my time spending at the beaches, since it was a holiday the beach was crowded. I looked at the faces and most of them were looking so happy. Some of the kids were making sand castles, I watched the surfers surf on the waves. I always wondered how they do it.


Nothing disturbed me as I slowly sat down on the sand. All I can hear was the sound of the waves as they crash against the shore. The wind whispered in my ear as it played with my hair. When I looked at the horizon again without me noticing sun was already set.


After spending comfortable time at the beach we came to restaurant where we tried out the different pastas and the Mahabs favourite dish, Fish!

By the time we got back to home it was late, still the ideas were flawless in mind but then we were too tired for anything. After a shower we took Marley and Maggy out for a walk. I was holding Marley while Sarath was with Maggy through the Harrington road, we kept walking for hours. By the end of the day I was glad that I made it to Chennai again. That was much needed :)









Comments

  1. I had tears in​ my eyes bro....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have tears in my eyes too bro. finally somebody read my article :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts