Film cam stories

It was Stone who introduced me to the world of film cams; he got a good sense for the cameras that he handles. I was a bit surprise for the very first time when he showed me all the pictures he took from his film camera. Still remember that picture he showed me of his ex-girlfriend, the color was moody and every time I take pictures on my DSLR, I have to spend hours to settle in a color I like. However, there it was, the best way it can be. 
  I do not want to be a spoiler and yet I have to say that my first film cam story is a flop one. after spending a quite long time thinking about getting a film cam Amy's dad break the story to me, he possesses an old or maybe I should address an ancient film cam. I was again really surprised to see such a lovely camera in his possession, it was a Cosina, I’m sure for most of us it is not a familiar name, it is a brand from Japan, a good one. They modeled the camera just like a Nikon FE. I got two lenses along with it a 35mm prime and a 50mm. the camera was kept untouched for ages, that's why I had a feeling probably it wouldn't work but still, the enthusiastic me gave it for the service and they were able to dust it off for a minimal price for me. I was happy I could say super happy to see that camera functioning, the sound of it when you release the liver and Thud sound of clicking the shutter, just loved it. The next couple of days spend hours watching YouTube videos about Cosina, how I can deal with it. Like any other YouTube professional things were very easy for me with the Cosina, nothing complicated, bought my first film, and loaded started shooting. 

love this color, she was wearing the matching cloths to the wall paint


  The camera was always available in my school shelf, sometimes I and stone go out around the campus, catching the sunset in and around the campus. At Tunghai, sunset is always lovely, especially the spring or probably all the seasons but I like to remember about spring, you could see the flowers, new leaves, and the beautiful sky, I would say it is always lilac in color and then we might be able to see the tracks that were left by the fighter jets. It was always great to see everything from Tunghai during the springtime. There were times Stone ask me to ask Rosie if she wants to join our film cam adventures. She had a cute camera if I remember it was a Minolta. I always felt stone had a crush on her, he mentioned her with a lovely smile in his face. 

Stone and Rosie, through his Contax G1


  Slowly I was finishing my 36 precious pictures, took the pictures near Luce chapel, at the Wenli Avenue, and some pictures all over the campus. By the time, it was already the end of the semester, they were graduating, I felt like they were all leaving and I will be left with all those beautiful memories. I was helping everyone with their graduation pictures, happy faces everywhere, especially Chun Yo, she asked me to take some pictures for her, I wanted to make it very special for her so I have decided to take all those pictures using my film camera. Still don't forget the frame, almost everybody was there facing Luce chapel under the Poinciana tree with all its red flowers on it, under the bright sunlight, such a beautiful frame with all them wearing their black and red graduation coat.

Chun yo, Zouran and Yanbing on an other occasion


Once again super excited, to see the pictures, when Stone said he was going to wash all the pictures, I rolled back my film and gave it stone for washing it. My excitement was for nothing, of all that YouTube videos that I have watched, did not help me with how to load a film on a camera, I missed it. Left the film inside the cam without the latch on to it. Finally ended up using just one slot for all the pictures, I still have that film roll in my desk as a reminder of how stupid it was of me to handle a film cam. I know we all learn from the mistakes but it was sad about it, all those beautiful memories just stay in my head, and maybe someday I might even forget everything.


There it goes, now it is my super cute plant vase 


  Anyway, I continued taking pictures, I still miss taking pictures with Stone but I think that is how everything should, seasons got to change.












Comments

Popular Posts